By: John Dimmick, Pharmacist + Q Crew Member
Every week you attend your group fitness classes with friends. On the days you’re not in a class, you’re lifting weights on your own or squeezing a run into your busy schedule. While your muscles increase in size, you’ve also noticed your body is exhausted and your brain is fuzzy. Isn’t working out supposed to increase your energy level? If you’re feeling fatigued, the one reason could be that you’re not getting the nutrition support you may need. Your body could be telling you that you’re in need of nutrients and here are just some of the signs you need to watch out for.
Signs You May Need More Vitamin D
Vitamin D can be found in very few foods and it is often obtained from sun exposure and vitamins like our Vitamin D Support Patch. Vitamin D is needed for bone health, an optimal immune system, and more. If you’re deficient in Vitamin D, you might notice these signs:
- Achy bones: Your joints are a little stiffer when you wake up in the morning, especially in the winter.
- Lack of energy: Your sleeping patterns aren’t always to blame for your lack of energy. Vitamin D deficiency could cause you to feel completely exhausted even if you’re getting enough sleep.
- Sweaty forehead: It might sound odd, but you could be deficient in Vitamin D if you’re glowing even when your body temperature and activity levels are normal.
- Muscle weakness: After intense exercise, the body is inflamed. If you don’t have adequate amounts of Vitamin D already in your bloodstream, it will take longer for you to recover from exercise.
- Weakened immune system: Catching every cold, flu and virus going around could indicate that you have a depressed immune system and are in need of vitamin D.
Signs You May Need an Energy Boost
Occasional low energy is normal and eating well, exercising and getting enough sleep can help restore and rejuvenate the body. However, if a feeling of low energy or fatigue is more constant, caffeine like our Energy Support Patch may help support your energy throughout the day. What are the signs that you may need energy support?
- Stress: Stress is known to have the ability to quickly zap your energy, making you feel lethargic.
- Inactivity: Your body needs both rest and movement to optimize energy. It may seem counterintuitive, but long periods of inactivity could actually make you feel more sluggish throughout the day.
- Poor nutrition: In today’s fast-paced world, we often find ourselves skipping meals, eating things on the go or simply not paying close attention to what foods we eat to fuel our day. These poor dietary habits can have an effect on your energy level throughout the day.
Signs You May Need a Multivitamin
For your body to do everything it needs to do in a normal day, it must be given the right mix of nutrients. Multivitamins like our pre-packaged, pharmacist-curated Daily Multi ReplenishinQ Pack can supply you with the basic nutrients needed to help fuel you throughout your day. If your body is lacking the nutrients it needs, here are a few reasons why you should consider adding a multivitamin to your daily routine.
- Vegan or vegetarian: Because of your diet, if you’re a vegan or vegetarian, you should be aware of whether or not you’re possibly getting all the nutrients your body needs through food.
- Women of child-bearing age: While babies might not be on the brain immediately, as a millennial, you’re of child-bearing age. Consuming enough folate may help prevent possible birth defects and keep you healthy, too.
- Sleep disorder: Sometimes sleep disorders can be associated with vitamin deficiencies such as magnesium.
Even a physically active person will need the right nutrients to help them power through their day and maintain optimal health. If you’re not sure where to start, we offer a variety of products that can help you meet your goals.
Disclaimer: Before starting any exercise or nutrition program, please consult your healthcare provider.